How to Reimagine Events in the Virtual Era
The prospect of live events is getting further and further away (remember when shelter-in-place was only supposed to be 2 weeks?). But, that just means as a marketer, you have to get creative on ways to connect with your audience.
For SiriusXM + Pandora, it's challenge accepted.
We’re bringing engaging experiences to the virtual world, so you can facilitate the connection your consumers are craving. As the largest audio entertainment company in the world, we're committed to captivating audiences, and supporting brands. Even in a virtual world, we’re offering listeners direct access to their favorite artists, influencers, and athletes. And, you have the opportunity to join the conversation during these key moments of fandom.
Time for Kickoff
Sports fans have been eagerly awaiting the return of live sports coverage, and it’s finally here! With the NBA playoffs underway and the NFL kicking off their season this week, SiriusXM and Pandora are helping you connect with fans looking for any opportunity to engage with sports content. For football fans specifically, brands like NordicTrack and DraftKings are participating in Pandora and SiriusXM’s Road to the End Zone package that includes:
- Exclusive sports & music programming, such as expert analysis from Fantasy Sports Radio on SiriusXM and playlists curated by NFL stars like Odell Beckham, Jr. on Pandora.
- Live coverage of America’s favorite sport on SiriusXM’s NFL Radio
- Interviews from high-profile hosts, players, and coaches talking football everyday on SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio
- Unprecedented reach across platforms of over 100M+ a month - engaged NFL fans within music programming and talk content
With tours postponed, music fans and artists alike are missing live performances, and looking for impactful experiences. In order to bridge this gap and curate memories for all, Pandora has unveiled its new concert series for the virtual era. The series kicked off with great success, featuring groundbreaking Country artist Kane Brown in July. And the series will stay strong - Pandora recently announced that international chart-toppers and GRAMMY nominees, The Killers, will perform for Pandora LIVE on September 15th at 8:45pm ET. This series is the first of many virtual events that will bring together music fans, artists, and brands in a unique way.
The at-home viewing experience will be enhanced by sponsors. For example:
- National University will let fans test their knowledge with pre-show trivia, and learn more about the making of the album with behind-the-scenes artist commentary on the Pandora Live: Backstage with The Killers station
- Wendy’s will provide a limited amount of exclusive artist merchandise for attendees on a first-come, first-served code redemption basis
- Hidden Valley Ranch will offer fans a collection of recipes to enjoy at home.
After the show, the Pandora Live: Backstage with The Killers station will be updated to include live performance tracks from the event!
Recreate Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences at Home
There’s a whole new world to explore in this virtual era. As you develop your strategy, ask yourself the following questions:
- How can you recreate audience connection in the virtual era? Major events have migrated to the interwebs, but your audience's desires haven't changed (and maybe have only gotten stronger).
- Which artists and influencers is your audience engaging with? Consider aligning with fanbases to leverage the power of music and make an impact.
- What is your messaging strategy? Keeping consistent and true to your brand is important. Think about your overall goals as you start to map out your events approach.
Ready to reimagine your marketing plan? Reach out to your sales representative today, or contact us here for more information.