The Need to Know on Digital Audio
Hear from audio experts at SXM Media on audio advertising best practices that will help you take your marketing to the next level.
Welcome to The Need to Know on Digital Audio. Audio advertising isn’t just for national brands with deep pockets—it’s a powerful and effective medium for businesses of all sizes.
Our mission is to help local businesses get noticed. Listen below as each of our experts share their top tips in 90ish seconds or less, or check them out on the Pandora App!
Why is Digital Audio A Must-Buy?
Audio is having a major moment. In this segment, Leon Van Gelder, VP, Inside & SMB Sales, sets the stage as to why you need to add digital audio to your marketing mix.
Evolution of Audio Measurement: Foot Traffic Attribution
With the latest advances in audio measurement tech, advertisers can now measure how digital audio campaigns impact in-store foot traffic. Stacey Graves, Account Executive, SMB, explains how this works.
The Best Way for Local Advertisers to Get In On the Podcasting Boom
Podcasting is officially mainstream, and now local businesses of all sizes can get involved. Sophie Anderson, Senior Sales Marketing Manager, discusses how to get started.
Supercharge Your Search and Social Campaigns With Audio
Adding audio to your existing marketing mix can help your search and social campaigns succeed. Alex Fredkin, Vertical Marketing Manager, SMB, shows how audio can be a complement to your search and social efforts.
Three Recommendations for an Ideal Ad Frequency
How often should your ad run to stand out and avoid wearout? Megan McCoy, Senior Manager, Ad Innovation Strategy, provides three considerations to sharpen your frequency strategy.
Dialing Down AM/FM Listening: The Shift Happening from Broadcast to Digital Audio
What’s happening to AM/FM listening? Hear from Kevin Perry, Director, SMB East Sales, as he explains the shift from broadcast radio to digital audio, and key differences between them.
Four Simple Ways to Make Amazing Audio Ad Creative
What makes an effective audio ad? Roger Gehrmann, Executive Group Creative Director, Studio Resonate, provides four tips to ensure your audio creative leaves a lasting impression.
The Power of Speaking to Multicultural Audiences in their Own Voice
Multicultural consumers make up a significant portion of the population, and companies that don’t diversify their voice will miss out. Sarita Lew, Account Executive, SMB, walks through strategies to boost your multicultural marketing efforts.
Four Tips for Audio Campaign Success
Preparing to launch an audio campaign? Jenn Bowman, Director, Sales Marketing, provides four tips to consider before your campaign starts to ensure you’re set up for success.
Efficiency is Everything: Why Digital Audio Wins Over Radio
Are you making the most of your money? In this segment, Alan Hirschbein, Sales Director, Audience Extension Strategy, explores differences in the efficiency of digital audio vs. broadcast radio advertising.
1. Edison Research Share of Ear Study, Q3 2021, Percent More Time with Audio, Compared to Non-Digital Audio Listeners. Base: P13+
2. Edison Research, The Infinite Dial 2021. Online Audio = Listening to AM/FM Radio Stations Online and/or Listening to Streaming Audio Content Available Only on the Internet. Base: Total U.S. Population 12+ (Subscription + Ad-Supported)
3. Edison Research, The Infinite Dial 2021, Base: Total U.S. Population 12+ listen to a podcast in the last month
4. MRI-Simmons 2020 Podcast Report
5. Stitcher network Podsurvey listener data
6. Edison Research, The Infinite Dial 2021, Smart Speaker Owners 12+
7. Pandora Internal Metrics, Q1 2021
8. Edison Research, Share of Ear Study, Q2 2021, AM/FM listening online was attributed to AM/FM category
9. Edison Research Share of Ear Study, Q2 2021, Percent More Time with Audio, Compared to Non-Digital Audio Listeners
10. Edison Research, The Infinite Dial 2021, Base: Total U.S. Population 12+ listen to a podcast in the last month
11. Edison Research Share of Ear Study, Q3 2021. Daily time spent to audio Type. AM/FM listening online was credited to AM/FM category
12. US Census
13. Pandora Soundboard, Hispanic User Study, September 2020
14. Pandora Soundboard, Black Listener Study, June 2021
15. Comscore Plan Metrix, July 2021 (mobile A18+)
16. Pandora Insights Lab
17. Internal Pandora Metrics and monitoring of San Francisco top ten rated stations June 2019