Have you noticed commercials are starting to look the same? And chart-topping music seems to follow a similar recipe? Over the years, advertising has begun to ‘flatten’ and lose it’s sense of uniqueness and originality.
Advertising is becoming less emotional, more focused on short-term sales activation, and according to our guest, more appealing to the left brain. Orlando Wood, CIO of System1 Group and author of industry-renowned book Lemon. How the advertising brain turned sour, explains how this golden age of technology has led us to an advertising crisis (and now, advertising in a crisis).
This podcast covers everything from:
- How advertising has fallen flat
- The loss of long-term brand building
- Right brain vs. Left brain and how they are affecting creativity
- Why advertising should celebrate life in spontaneity
- Advertising in crisis meets advertising in a crisis
For more insights on the ever-changing environment and what that means for advertisers, visit our SoundCheck.
Executive Producer: Jocelyn Hudak Host: Steve Keller